[pve-devel] RFC : qemu-server : add cpu_hotplug

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jan 7 10:25:32 CET 2014

>>You mean wheezy 3.2 Kernel? It does not have a 3.10 Kernel.

Wheezy-backports. (it's to compare with jessie).
kernel are same, so maybe udev from wheezy is too old to auto enable cpu.

(But hotplug of the cpu itself works fine with kernel 3.2, maybe 2.6.32, I don't have tested it yet)

>>Does this mean, that memory hotplug works too?

It mean that memory hotplug will auto work in guest, when support will be added to qemu ;)
I think it's already working with vmware (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1012764)