[pve-devel] pvefw security group questions

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Feb 28 08:10:15 CET 2014

>>So you want to create one ipset for each rule?
no

>>Or simply allow users
>>to define groups of address, like:

yes :) Advantage could also to easy use this groupip, in group of rules.
I would like also to be able to share theses groupip between differents guests.

I could be great to have something like:

vm1 : group1

vm2: group2

group1 : allow ssh from ipgroup

group2 : allow http from ipgroup

>>----1000.fw---
>>[IPSET:groupip]
>>
>>10.0.0.1 # first server IP
>>10.0.0.2 # second server IP
>>10.0.0.3 # third server IP
>>00:15:17:f8:c3:e5 # a MAC address?

ipset can manage ip-mac groups (need both).
But I'm not sure using mac is a good idea, because you can only do iptables rules with source mac, and not destination mac

>>what about ports?
yes, it's also possible de do port groups
all type of hash group that ipset support : http://ipset.netfilter.org/features.html

shorewall also support ipsets : http://shorewall.net/ipsets.html