[pve-devel] saving kvm command line for migration

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Feb 19 17:25:09 CET 2014

Am 19.02.2014 16:40, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> Ok this makes sense. But what is about later activated features which
>> become default like x2apic feature for cpu? Or do you think we'll never
>> have such?
>
> AFAIK we already save/restore the machine type. Isn't that enough to solve such problems?

No. I would like to give you an example.

Right now we use as a default
-cpu kvm64,+x2apic,+sep

Now there might be a bug and we need to remove the +x2apic flag for windows.

if this changes a migrated windows machine will badly fail as the old
one had x2apic enabled and the new one will have it disabled.

<= i'm just afraid this could happen i've no real life example.

Greets,
Stefan