[pve-devel] saving kvm command line for migration

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Feb 19 16:18:45 CET 2014

> 3.) I would like to store the generated command line of each start in the
> command file to be sure at restore or migration the exact and correct
> command line is used

I consider this wrong and very dangerous. The stored command line
is not 'correct' - instead it is almost always wrong to use that.

Here are just a few examples:

1.) VM Image path can change (dangerous)
2.) VM images are not correctly activated
3.) different kvm versions may need different syntax
4.) SPICE tcp port is wrong