[pve-devel] saving kvm command line for migration

Daniel Hunsaker danhunsaker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 13:21:57 CET 2014

> B. Do not allow to modify the configuration while the VM is running (and
hotplug disabled)

In other words, while the VM is running, we disable all modifications
except those allowed by whatever hotplugging support we have enabled.  If
it can't be applied to the VM without a reboot, it's disallowed.

That means you can't change memory settings by default while the VM is
running, nor enable hotplugging, but once you shutdown, enable hotplugging,
then restart, you can change memory settings on the fly, because now your
VM supports it.

Is that clearer?