[pve-devel] qemu-server: allow clone from snapshot Patch V2

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Feb 13 05:50:00 CET 2014

If it is allowed or not is another question.

>>My question was if we can detect if a volume is in use ?

I think we can find easily if a volume/snapshot is a parent of a cloned volume.
It can be done fast for ceph,sheepdog,zfs. (1api call)

for qcow2, it's a pain, because we need to parse all files with qemu-img info to find the parent relationship.
But it's not a problem, as we can't clone from snapshot with files.

>>(AFAIK we have such check for base volumes)
Yes, indeed.

Alexandre D e rumier
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux

Fixe : 03 20 68 88 90