[pve-devel] Virtio--Blk-Data-Plane deliver much higher I/O rates than both of its major competing hypervisors

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Thu Feb 6 09:24:28 CET 2014

Am 06.02.2014 09:20, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
>>> A that was the culprit. Something without live migration isn't usable at
>>> least to me.
>
> Just found that :)
>
> dataplane: enable virtio-blk x-data-plane=on live migration
>
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=84db52d059f3296abf7783968645c4a96d21b099
>

> So maybe it's possible now :)

Yes so dataplane is disabled while live migration but you still can't
use I/O throttling so PVE would need to disable this if dataplane is on.

Also "Image formats are not supported (qcow2, qed, etc).", Hot unplug is
not supported. Block jobs (block-stream, drive-mirror, block-commit) are
not supported.

So this would add so may exceptions to pve... i don't thing anybody
wants that.

Stefan