[pve-devel] ceph: clone vm

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Feb 5 14:06:19 CET 2014

Hi Alexandre,

yes but only for templates.

I would give an example where this makes no or less sense.

You have a running VM and you want to test how an software upgrade
performs and may be you must test this multiple times to fix your
upgrade script.

Right now i need to make a FULL CLONE, than make a template and then
snap clone from the template to be able to do this very fast.

I would really like to skip the full clone or template step in this case
so i can do very fast clones (< 3s) from running vms to test upgrades.

What is the reason to need to todo a full clone template first?

Thanks,
Stefan