[pve-devel] need help to debug random host freeze on multiple hosts

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Dec 28 17:37:50 CET 2014

Hi,

I have random host freeze since around 1 week,

all hosts are opteron 63XX or 61XX.

kernel is pve-kernel-3.10-4 or pve-kernel-3.10-5, qemu 2.1.

They were all fine since months.

I have also tried last rhel 7.1beta kernel with no success.

I really don't known how to debug that, because the system freeze, and I don't have any kernel panic output in display or serial.

Can somebody help me to add something to have debug output ?

I have see some doc about kdump
http://wiki.incloudus.com/display/DOC/Debian+-+Kdump
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/s2-kdump-configuration-cli.html

Is it the best option I have to have some debug info ?