[pve-devel] Plans to Soft Fence

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:01:10 CET 2014

pveversion
pve-manager/3.3-5/bfebec03 (running kernel: 2.6.32-34-pve)

pve01:/usr/sbin# ls *fence*
fence_ack_manual  fence_apc_snmp     fence_cisco_mds  fence_drac5
fence_hpblade   fence_ilo   fence_ilo_mp        fence_ipmilan  fence_node
fence_sanbox2  fence_zvmip
fence_alom        fence_bladecenter  fence_cisco_ucs  fence_eaton_snmp
fence_ibmblade  fence_ilo2  fence_imm           fence_ldom     fence_ovh
fence_tool
fence_amt         fence_brocade      fenced           fence_eps
fence_idrac     fence_ilo3  fence_intelmodular  fence_lpar     fence_rsa
fence_wti
fence_apc         fence_check        fence_drac       fence_hds_cb
fence_ifmib     fence_ilo4  fence_ipdu          fence_netio    fence_rsb
fence_zvm

 dpkg -l | grep fence
ii  fence-agents-pve                 4.0.10-1
amd64        fence agents for redhat cluster suite

> fence_pve?? I can't found out such fence here... Perhaps I miss some
> packet?
> Where can I found it??

>> > In second place, I wonder if there is such plans to include soft fence
>> in
>> > Proxmox, like oVirt do...
>>
>> I think that makes not much sense, because ssh also fail as soon as you
>> have
>> network problems.
>> There is also the pve fenving agent (fence_pve), but this can never
>> replace real
>> fencing.
>>

> --
> --
> "A única forma de chegar ao impossível, é acreditar que é possível."
> Lewis Carroll - Alice no País das Maravilhas
>
> ""*The only way* to achieve *the impossible is to believe* it is
> *possible*."
> Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland
>
> Gilberto Ferreira
> (47) 9676-7530

"A única forma de chegar ao impossível, é acreditar que é possível."
Lewis Carroll - Alice no País das Maravilhas

""*The only way* to achieve *the impossible is to believe* it is *possible*
."