[pve-devel] qemu-server:add support for hugetlbfs

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Dec 21 13:23:25 CET 2014

>>1.) Is there some edivence that it is faster (under realistic workload)?

I known that transparent hugepage can be really a problem with a lot of database (oracle,mysql,redis,..)
I never bench it myself, but I hope that Cesar will do it ;).

Disable transparent hugepage is a solution, but it's disable it for all the vms.

I think that static hugepage can do the job, but it need to be tested.

>>2.) Where do we free/dealloc those hugepages? Are the associated with the KVM
>>process somehow?

I'm not sure that when hupage are defined, they use memory by default.

But when the kvm process is starting, the memory is allocated/reserverd for the kvm process,
and the memory is free up on kvm process stop.