[pve-devel] Crashing debian wheezy guests after migration

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Fri Dec 19 19:33:47 CET 2014

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 19:22:17 +0100
Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net> wrote:

> All my Debian servers are running wheezy and none of them has ever
> crashed due to migration.

Adding to above: I have extended the Unix philosophy to servers as well
like this. On a server I only have one service which does it well, or
perhaps 2 or 3 if the services is tightly coupled.

In this way, except for a few, all my servers has specs like this:
CPU: 1 - 4
RAM: 1 - 4 GB
Disks: 1 - 2 (Either one 16 - 24 GB or one 8 GB and one 20 - 30 GB). A
few which needs a lot of space has a second disk 200 - 500 GB.
Requirements larger than that will be a disk directly from NAS|SAN
either as block device or as shared storage through NFS.

Above means fast migration, fast snapshot, and fast backup for most.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
  Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man
  can never learn anything from history. -George Bernard Shaw