[pve-devel] SSD only Ceph cluster

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Aug 30 15:34:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

currently with firefly, you can expect around 3000-5000 iops by osd,

so any good ssd should be ok.

Recent discussion on ceph mailing list, said that they have remove a lot of lock and bottleneck is current master git. (with performance x5)
https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@lists.ceph.com/msg12486.html

Check this discussion, they are a lot of config samples to get the most performance.

I'll build a full ssd cluster next year, don't have choose ssd model yet.
(maybe intel s3500 800GB or newer models with replication x2)