[pve-devel] SSD only Ceph cluster

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Sat Aug 30 12:59:17 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am looking for the best suitable SSD drives for a Proxmox VE Ceph cluster in our test-lab. The current plan is to use 4 x 512 GB SSD per server for OSD. (12 * 512 GB drives, total net capacity of 2 TB , with a replication of 3.)

Based on features (power loss protection)  and price, the Crucial MX100 looks like a good candidate for this setup.

Crucial MX100
- http://www.thessdreview.com/our-reviews/crucial-mx100-ssd-review-256-512-gb/
- http://www.anandtech.com/show/8066/crucial-mx100-256gb-512gb-review

I will connect the SSDs on LSI SAS 9207-8i controllers, using servers and network like described here:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_Server#Recommended_hardware

Any other recommendations for SSDs or hints to get the best out for this?

Thanks,

Martin