[pve-devel] rhel7 rc kernel source

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Apr 25 11:53:47 CEST 2014

just found this:

http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/17306-New-3-10-0-Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by NStorm  View Post
Seems like it fails to start, because it tries to initialize LVM and RAID before AHCI devices are probed. When I've manually activate them with 'lvchange -a a pve' and Ctrl+D out of emergency shell the system finally booted. Will try to play with rootdelay kernel param later.
Yep, it looks as though the same holds for my sas2008i based server too. LVM initialization happens prior to first messages about sda.

'lvm vgchange -a y'
brings all the volumes online.

The fix for scsi users is to change the line in /etc/default/grub:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT
and add "scsi_mod.scan=sync"