[pve-devel] Perspectives for the ZFS storage plugin

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Sep 19 07:41:05 CEST 2013

>>BTW, should we call it 'OmniOsPlugin' plugin instead of ZFSPlugin?

I think it should work with any solaris zfs, so maybz ZFSSolarisPlugin ?

(zfs part should be common on solaris,linux,freebsd, but iscsi lun management is specific to solaris)

>>But netapp does not talk with us....

Yes, I known it's difficult to contact them. (Myself, the support helpdesk is totally crappy).

Seem that netapp have a new virtual appliance, called data-ontap-edge

http://www.netapp.com/us/products/platform-os/data-ontap-edge/index.aspx
it's a vmware vm, with true netapp os, and a 90-days eval is available.  (no need special customer contract like netapp simulator to test it).
I don't have tested it yet, need to check that.

I don't known how openstack and rhev/ovirt is working with netapp ? Maybe this is netapp which contribute directly ?