[pve-devel] tar option sparse broken on nfs

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Oct 1 09:24:06 CEST 2013

On 10-01-2013 08:19, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> seems fstat return a block count of zero for NFS files, and tar detect
>> sparse files
>> with:
>>
>> if (ST_NBLOCKS (st->stat) == 0) {
>>
>> so that always matches!
>>
>> need to dig deeper now.
>
> Sigh, it is related to OpenVZ NFS quota code. Will report a bug.

But it is not generally related to NFS I am more reluctant to think that
the situation relates to a combination of OpenVZ and a NFS share running
with a Linux kernel since I have no problem make backup to a NFS share
running with a Solaris kernel (NFS over ZFS).

If I recall correct this has been an issue since upgrading to pve-3.0.

--
Hilsen/regards
Michael Rasmussen