[pve-devel] [PATCH] zfs : add nexenta api for iscsi lun creation

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Mon Nov 25 10:55:11 CET 2013


Yes, i would recommand:
http://search.cpan.org/~mstrout/Object-Remote-0.003002/

It's absolutely great!

Stefan

Am 25.11.2013 10:50, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> Ok, I found a way to only use ssh.
> 
> I can create the lun with a small perl script (5lines of code) on the proxmox server side.
> 
> Question :
> 
> I would like to avoid to put this script on nexenta box.
> Is it possible to send script content through ssh and execute it with perl ? (maybe some pipe tricks...)
> 
> 
> 
> ----- Mail original ----- 
> 
> De: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier at odiso.com> 
> À: "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar at proxmox.com> 
> Cc: pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com 
> Envoyé: Jeudi 21 Novembre 2013 18:26:27 
> Objet: Re: [pve-devel] [PATCH] zfs : add nexenta api for iscsi lun creation 
> 
> I'll try to see if I can use ssh key to do authentification to rest-api. 
> 
> seem to be possible with the dbus api (but need nexenta sdk) 
> http://www.ruizs.org/archives/149 
> 
> so maybe it's possible too with rest api 
> 
> 
> ----- Mail original ----- 
> 
> De: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier at odiso.com> 
> À: "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar at proxmox.com> 
> Cc: pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com 
> Envoyé: Jeudi 21 Novembre 2013 18:23:08 
> Objet: Re: [pve-devel] [PATCH] zfs : add nexenta api for iscsi lun creation 
> 
>>> I would prefer to re-add the old code (using ssh keys and password is really clumsy). 
> 
> But old code is very slow with a lot of zvols. (ex: listing 300 zvols take around 3min vs 1s). 
> 
> because we need extra api call for each zvol, to retrieve infos (parent,size,...). 
> 
> with ssh, we can list all zvols info with 1 command. 
> 
> 
> (also we can't rename a zvol with api when creating a base image,and we need to do clone tricks, it's a bit ugly too) 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ----- Mail original ----- 
> 
> De: "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar at proxmox.com> 
> À: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier at odiso.com> 
> Cc: pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com 
> Envoyé: Jeudi 21 Novembre 2013 09:53:51 
> Objet: RE: [pve-devel] [PATCH] zfs : add nexenta api for iscsi lun creation 
> 
>> I have done more test, the only way to create the lun is through the nexenta rest 
>> api. 
>> (can't be done with ssh and nmc command). 
>>
>> So you can apply the patch if you don't have any objection. 
> 
> I would prefer to re-add the old code (using ssh keys and password is really clumsy). 
> _______________________________________________ 
> pve-devel mailing list 
> pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com 
> http://pve.proxmox.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pve-devel 
> _______________________________________________
> pve-devel mailing list
> pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com
> http://pve.proxmox.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pve-devel
> 


More information about the pve-devel mailing list