[pve-devel] KVM Live Backup performance

Eric Blevins eric at netwalk.com
Thu Nov 21 18:33:41 CET 2013

> You said that you have some VMs which behave badly with new backup? May I ask
> what you run inside those VMs?
Windows 2008 R2 servers running MSSQL
Windows 2003 servers running MSSQL and a Java based application

I doubt this is a Windows problem, loosing performance of SQL is more
noticeable than other services.

>> Since all of the LVM Snapshot code was removed I am unable to perform the
>> above benchmarks, anyone have a suggestion how we could perform such tests
>> easily?
> Simpyl make a lvm snapshot manually - that is quite easy.
Sure I can make an LVM Snapshot manually (suspend -> snapshot -> resume
-> backup)
I want to ensure I am comparing apples to apples, what would the proper
command be to create an lzo backup archive from the LVM Snapshot?