[pve-devel] Snapshots / Qemu Version

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Sat May 25 12:45:57 CEST 2013

Am 25.05.2013 08:17, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> maybe does it work by starting the qemu with "qemu -machine pc-1.X" works ?

Yes this works FINE! But there is no common pc-1.4 anymore.

You have:
   pc-i440fx-1.4        Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996)
and
   pc-q35-1.4           Standard PC (Q35 + ICH9, 2009)

It depends which chipset you had used before.

I think we def. need to implement this into proxmox. But what is about
parameter changes for kvm process?

I think the correct way would be:
1.) always pass the -machine parameter so we "know" our default
2.) save the current machine parameter in config
3.) when creating a snapshot save this value too

Stefan