[pve-devel] Current backup state

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat Mar 23 12:12:52 CET 2013

Hi all,

I seems that the new backup gives problems for a number of users. I
have read all the threads on the forum and the only common denominator
as I see it is that all the users reporting problems with backup all
share this fact the storage used for backup seems to be incredible slow
- we are talking about speed between 3 - 10 MB/s. Looking at ny own
backups shows a speed typically between 25 - 60 MB/s depending on load.
At the same time some of the users reporting success with using gzip as
compression algorithm.

Do you think speed of the storage for backup in someway could interfere
with the success of the backup job?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen