[pve-devel] how to catch qmp events ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Mar 20 10:52:07 CET 2013

>>I think we should not depend on such async information in any way.
Yes, sure, they are only usefull to have some infos/logs. (they are no command ids in events, just a timestamp)

I had tried to syslog events, I can syslog resume/pause/tray eject events.
But I can't get any bloc job event

>>Instead, qemu command should store that info if it is really needed.

For my specific case, I don't know how it's possible.

- I launch qmp mirror disk, to block-job-mirror start in background.
- then each second, I send a qmp block-job-status.

But on disk sector error (I have verify with qemu-img), the block-job-mirror just stop

and qmp block-job-status say "no block-job running".

So I really don't know how to retrieve error of the block-job-mirror.

How do you manage this kind of error with backups ? (I think it's also a block-job ?)