[pve-devel] spice : some new for spice-xpi firefox/chrome plugin for windows and spice-html5

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Mar 18 11:17:55 CET 2013

Hi,

The spice-xpi plugin is a wrapper for firefox/chrome to launch spice client.

Currently it's work only on linux, but things seem to finally move for windows too

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.spice.devel/12735

a git with patches is available here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~teuf/spice-xpi/log/?h=mingw

Also, spice-html5 seem to be include now in openstack.
I don't know about the performance, but not all features is implemented, so I think it'll be slower than native client

I'll try both this month and make a report.