[pve-devel] corosync, multicast problem because of vmbr multicast_snooping enabled

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Mar 6 09:08:51 CET 2013

Ok, here some news.
I have disabled snooping on all bridges on my production servers, and it's works perfectly fine since 3 days.
I don't have multicast error anymore in my kvm guests.
Corosync on proxmox host is working fine too.

The only difference is that now, the multicast traffic is sent on all ports of the bridge where an interface sending multicast traffic is plugged.

Currently to disable snooping, 2 possibility:

/etc/network/interfaces

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual
        bridge_ports bond0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
        post-up echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/vmbr1/bridge/multicast_snooping

or disabling it in kernel config (CONFIG_BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING)