[pve-devel] qemu nat mode and rate limiting ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Mar 5 10:14:43 CET 2013

>>Sure, we just need to add a correct route.
Ok, it's clear.

So, we need to known the guest ip.

We should add a ip address option in guest vm config file.

If user don't use dhcp in his guest, he must set the same ip in the guest

If user use dhcp in guest,
 we can add an option to activate an dhcp server on proxmox host,
 re-use vm config file to assign ip address
 This dhcp server should works only inside host.
 It could be great to have dhcp leases across the cluster.

I don't known if it's possible to write a small dhcp server in perl ?

>>Not sure how to handle that when we migrate a VM.

Simply add/remove route at in qemu-migrate ?