[pve-devel] I am only able to open one spice console

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Jun 27 08:05:28 CEST 2013

> >>I wonder If we should use SASL for our auth framework. I guess that
> >>would make it easier to use with qemu ?
>
> Yes that could be great. I don't known if we can make it work with any
> authentification (like ldap for example). Maybe through pamd ?
> I don't have touch sasl since a long time ago.

I guess saslauthd supports more methods than we have:

# Which authentication mechanisms should saslauthd use? (default: pam)
#
# Available options in this Debian package:
# getpwent  -- use the getpwent() library function
# kerberos5 -- use Kerberos 5
# pam       -- use PAM
# rimap     -- use a remote IMAP server
# shadow    -- use the local shadow password file
# sasldb    -- use the local sasldb database file
# ldap      -- use LDAP (configuration is in /etc/saslauthd.conf)