[pve-devel] pveproxy: I might have discovered a bug

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat Jun 22 13:02:28 CEST 2013

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:55:06 +0200 (CEST)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> I think it's normal that the browser retry the GET request if he receive a timeout.

But firebug showed that the call was an AJAX call to the pvedaemon so
this is not the browser making another request but more likely it is
extjs which is making a new AJAX request due to a configured timeout.

> I'll check the nexenta plugin, because with a lot of zvol, the api can be slow too, because of each zvol call to retrieve parent,size,... (can take up to 1 or 2 min with 400zvols)

Yep, I also first run into this bug when the number of images grow
beyond some unspecified limit.

> I wonder if I will not take some of your ssh code, to do this faster. (mix api and ssh)

I think you will run into problems since nexenta by default only gives
the user access to a restricted shell but maybe ssh is not limited to
that?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Don't marry for money; you can borrow it cheaper.
		-- Scottish Proverb