[pve-devel] update disk config, always rescan all the storage, can we avoid that ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jun 3 11:30:53 CEST 2013

>>AFAIK we only call that if someone want to add an existing volid. In that case we need to activate the volid,
>>and check if the volume really exists.
>>
>>What do you want to avoid exactly?

Avoid to call create_disks if we update an existing disk.

If I understand, the only case we need to call it, is if we update an existing disk by a different disk, or reassign an unused disk ?

something like that:

if(!$old_drive->{file} || $drive->{file} ne $old_drive->{file}){

    &$create_disks($rpcenv, $authuser, $conf, $storecfg, $vmid, undef, {$opt => $value});
}