[pve-devel] qemu-server : templates - clone - copy V1

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jan 30 09:21:49 CET 2013

>>The series start with patches about volume_protect().
>>But this should not be required at all with the new system?

Yes, indeed, we can't start the template, but Isn't it always better to have a protection on the storage ?
(user try to move file manually with ssh, or something else...)

Only rbd require a manual lock (rbd protect) on his snapshot before cloning.
(But for this particular case, I also force protect before clone, for cloning a vm snaspshot without template)