[pve-devel] template considerations

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sun Jan 27 09:29:56 CET 2013

> > I could be great to rollback a template to a vm, if no clone of the
> > template exist. (You create a template, but forgot something by
> > example)
>
> maybe - but you can do that manually with above steps above.
> (yes, it is harder to do).

Maybe it is also convenient to allow to transform a single disk
to a template on the GUI. The disks gets simple replaced by
a clone in the VM config.

That way template creation is decomposed into simple steps.

Another thing I am thinking about is how we can mark cloned
disks. I would be convenient to use some other naming so that
we can see if a volume is cloned or not. For example:

normal volume: local:100/vm-100-disk1.raw
base volume: local:base/test.raw
cloned volume: local:base/test.raw/100/vm-100-disk1.raw

What do you think?