[pve-devel] qemu-server : template && clone + storage migration final v5

Alexandre Derumier aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jan 22 10:11:42 CET 2013

Changelog:

Now vm copy clone (online and offline) doesn't need template.

Template Cloning:
-The source vm is not locked, we can do multiple clones at the same time
-Linked clones require template. (the volumes are protected)
-Copy and Linked clones are allowed
-Vm cannot be started if current snapshot is a template
-Vm can be started if a snapshot != current is a template (rbd,sheepdog,nexenta,...we can do new snapshots/template revision)

Non template Cloning:
-The source vm is locked during the cloning, we can't do 2 clones at the same time
-Only copy clone is allowed (linked clone need template)