[pve-devel] vm migration + storage migration with ndb workflow notes

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jan 21 11:00:35 CET 2013

>>So we have different restriction (we can rum multiple copies with qemu-img,
>>but only one when the VM is online)?
Yes. (But I doesn't allow a template to be running)

I think a live vm copy doesn't need to done multiple time at once.
It can be usefull to clone a running vm, to make tests on it.

A template is more usefull to have a "gold" image (with some scripts on linux to change hostname, or sysprep under windows)
that we want to clone to deploy new vms.
So It make sense to be able to multiple copy in parallel.

Maybe can you test my patches to see how I have implemented it ?

> My disk copy code, just use qemu-img if offline or drive-mirror if online.

So we have different restriction (we can rum multiple copies with qemu-img,
but only one when the VM is online)?

And what if we copy from template?