[pve-devel] Storage migration: No on-line migration support

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jan 15 07:12:26 CET 2013

>>I have also discovered a bug in PVE::QemuServer::vm_mon_cmd which in
>>rare cases can lead to disaster. You can loose your socket in which
>>case you will not be able to terminate ongoing processes since you have
>>lost your command channel to the VM.

I don't known for storage migration, but we have some king of behaviour with vm live migration.
le qmp command seem to hang sometime (mainly with last memory is transfered).
We are doing some retry to handle this. (check QemuMigrate.pm).

Are you sure you completly loose the socket ? Or does it hang temporarly ?

Attached is rc2 which adds support for on-line migration.
Read TODO to find out what is missing - especially the part concerning
support for other storage backends.

I have also discovered a bug in PVE::QemuServer::vm_mon_cmd which in
rare cases can lead to disaster. You can loose your socket in which
case you will not be able to terminate ongoing processes since you have
lost your command channel to the VM.

Feel free to comment and report bugs.

--
Hilsen/Regards