[pve-devel] Storage migration: 1.0rc1

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Mon Jan 7 07:47:38 CET 2013

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 05:36:11 +0000
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> Many thanks for the patch. I am not sure how that fits into my picture, but I will
> take a closer lock when I integrate the copy/clone patches from Alexandre.

Consider it a first step towards full vMotion in Promox. In VmWare
terms this consists of the tuple (machine, storage). Until now Proxmox
only supports the machine part - storage are pinned to the backend
where it was first created unless doing a full restore from backup.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Stinginess with privileges is kindness in disguise.
		-- Guide to VAX/VMS Security, Sep. 1984