[pve-devel] Storage migration: 1.0rc1

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Jan 1 23:29:43 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have finally completed this module:-)
I have done extensive testing migrating 40-50 different storages and
have not found a single bug yet - this off course does not guaranty
that the module does not have bugs, I have not been able to find them
yet.

Attached you will find:

the module - StorageMigrate.pm
A small test file: migrate.pl
A text describing the conceptual design: storage migration.txt
A TODO list: TODO

What can the module do?
Migrate any storage from a VM to/from local, NFS, and ISCSI.
After successful migration the vmid.conf is updated accordingly.

What can the module not do?
File systems cannot be migrated. It needs to be a block device so only
VM is supported - no support for CT.
Nexenta, RBD, Sheepdog/Ceph is missing. Since I do not have hardware
supporting these storage backends others needs to step in here.

Comments and bug reports should be posted to this list.

Happy hacking and best wishes for the new year to all:-)

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
"This is a job for BOB VIOLENCE and SCUM, the INCREDIBLY STUPID MUTANT
DOG." -- Bob Violence