[pve-devel] successfull migration but failed resume

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Feb 24 08:03:26 CET 2013

>>last thing, is that just after end of the migration, the source kvm process is in pause (no more acess to disk),
>>but we stop it at the end of the phase 3.
>>

>>So, if source host crash, it's not a problem.
>>If proxmox task crash (after the migration and before the stop),
>>we can have a phantom kvm process on source node, but doing nothing
>>Note that is already like this now.

I think this last point can be resolve by hacking qemu, to kill himself after a timeout of X seconds when this migration is finished.
Don't known if it's easy to implement.

So if the migration task hang between the file move and qmp stop is send , we have a protection.

>>Sound easy enough. And that solves the whole problem?
I solve 99,99%. with this zait's safe to launch the target vm without -S