[pve-devel] activate hotplug by default ?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Feb 19 13:26:16 CET 2013

As soon as I remove (hot-unplug) now a disk (e.g. from a win2008r2), I see the following error on the gui (after timeout):

"error hot-unplug virtio2 at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Qemu.pm line 659. (500)"

the monitor shows the disk as removed, the config is still with the disk and the windows box is on trouble (still shows the disk, but hang and display I/O device errors)

It works, if I "eject" the disk inside windows before I remove it.

As most user will  just click remove (without eject it inside win), we will need to fix the problem and/or improve the user experience here.

Any idea?

Martin