[pve-devel] activate hotplug by default ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Feb 19 07:53:37 CET 2013

>>So there are no other side effects (i.e. kvm crashes)?
Yes, I doesn't crash.

The device_del command is async (return always), but waiting to have acpi unplug ack from guest
before remove the device. (we list the devices to see if it's remove)

So it doesn't crash.

>>If so, we can enable it by default.
I'll make a patch.
(And maybe also convert some hmp to qmp, device_del, device_add).

Do you want to display an hotplug option in pve-manager ? (If users want to disable hotplug ?)