[pve-devel] qemu 1.4 and usb-tablet

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Feb 18 05:20:02 CET 2013

I had tried to connect usb-tablet on ehci,

with 2003/2008 && debian guests, I have around 2% lower cpu on my old xeon.

Which is good, with a lot of vms, that can be an huge benefit.

I have also tried live migration of ehci, it's works perfectly now.
So maybe can we switch to full usb2 ? (I think all os support usb2 natively since at least 10years, like win2003)

Another thing we could do to use less cpu with usb-tablet, is to plug-in it dynamically
when we launch console (device_add).
But I don't know to detect when to remove it. (how to detect session/console close ?).

Without tablet I have 4% more less cpu on this same xeon.