[pve-devel] new bridge code doesn't work with redhat kernel

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Feb 7 17:51:42 CET 2013

Ok, to get my setup work with /etc/network/interfaces, the only way is to use pre-up,post-up manually.

old config
----------
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
       address 10.3.94.31
       netmask 255.255.255.0
       gateway 10.3.94.1
       bridge_ports bond0.94
       bridge_stp off
       bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual
        bridge_ports bond0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

new config
-----------

auto vmbr1v94
iface vmbr1v94 inet static
        address 10.3.94.31
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 10.3.94.1
        pre-up brctl addbr vmbr1v94
        pre-up ip link add link vmbr1 name vmbr1.94 type vlan id 94
        pre-up ip link set vmbr1.94 up
        post-up brctl addif vmbr1v94 vmbr1.94

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual