[pve-devel] OpenVSwitch GUI

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Dec 28 14:52:05 CET 2013

> The Gui don't display these ovs bond:

>>will check that next week.

Sorry, my fault, I have added space before "iface ...". It's works fine now.

>>> For ovsintport, they are "ovs_options tag=XX", maybe could add a vlan option in
>>> gui ? and add it to /etc/network/interfaces with $ovs_options .= " tag=$vlan" if
>>> $vlan;

>>I already thought about that. Should also be possible for bridge and bond?
For bridge, it's possible to add a vlan to the management ip of the bridge itself.
But we need to add a new option for /etc/network/interface.
I would like to add this option also for classic linux bridge with vlan_filtering.
maybe : mgmt_vlan  option ?

For bond,I think ovs_options tag=... should work, like other ports. (I'll check that)

>>But you can already edit ovs_options on the GUI.
I think users don't want to read openvswitch manual for simple options like this.
same for lacp.

>>Would be great if you take care of that - I will wait for your patch ;-)

I'll send mtu patch monday, I'm finishing to test it.

> About ovs bonding, lacp is possible (tested and working with
> bond_mode=balance-tcp lacp=active).

you can easily add that to ovs_options.

Maybe I should add an extra option for that?