[pve-devel] OpenVSwitch GUI

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Dec 28 14:52:05 CET 2013


> The Gui don't display these ovs bond:

>>will check that next week.

Sorry, my fault, I have added space before "iface ...". It's works fine now.


>>> For ovsintport, they are "ovs_options tag=XX", maybe could add a vlan option in 
>>> gui ? and add it to /etc/network/interfaces with $ovs_options .= " tag=$vlan" if 
>>> $vlan; 

>>I already thought about that. Should also be possible for bridge and bond? 
For bridge, it's possible to add a vlan to the management ip of the bridge itself.
But we need to add a new option for /etc/network/interface.
I would like to add this option also for classic linux bridge with vlan_filtering.
maybe : mgmt_vlan  option ? 



For bond,I think ovs_options tag=... should work, like other ports. (I'll check that)

>>But you can already edit ovs_options on the GUI. 
I think users don't want to read openvswitch manual for simple options like this.
same for lacp.


>>>> Not related to ovs, but it could be great to an mtu option for interfaces (ethX 
>>>> should be enough, as bridge and bond inherit from eth mtu) I'm currently trying 
>>>> to have an mtu option in /etc/network/interfaces which also works for "manual 
>>>> interfaces". 

>>Would be great if you take care of that - I will wait for your patch ;-) 

I'll send mtu patch monday, I'm finishing to test it.

----- Mail original ----- 

De: "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar at proxmox.com> 
À: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier at odiso.com> 
Cc: pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com 
Envoyé: Vendredi 27 Décembre 2013 15:42:29 
Objet: RE: OpenVSwitch GUI 

> The Gui don't display these ovs bond: 

will check that next week. 

> About ovs bonding, lacp is possible (tested and working with 
> bond_mode=balance-tcp lacp=active). 

you can easily add that to ovs_options. 

Maybe I should add an extra option for that? 

> For ovsintport, they are "ovs_options tag=XX", maybe could add a vlan option in 
> gui ? and add it to /etc/network/interfaces with $ovs_options .= " tag=$vlan" if 
> $vlan; 

I already thought about that. Should also be possible for bridge and bond? 

But you can already edit ovs_options on the GUI. 

> Not related to ovs, but it could be great to an mtu option for interfaces (ethX 
> should be enough, as bridge and bond inherit from eth mtu) I'm currently trying 
> to have an mtu option in /etc/network/interfaces which also works for "manual 
> interfaces". 

Would be great if you take care of that - I will wait for your patch ;-) 


More information about the pve-devel mailing list