[pve-devel] playing with 3.10

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Thu Aug 29 20:58:04 CEST 2013

Am 29.08.2013 20:52, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I don't have a look a vlan-bridge implementation in new kernel.
>
> As far I known, bridge support now vlan tagging (by port?). Maybe it's tagging by default ?

The relevant commit says it's disabled by default. Strangely i don't see
how to enable and use this from the commits message.

> Mayve try to configure vlan1 to disable vlan filtering ?
What do you mean by that?

> Or maybe can we try to implement new vlan code ?
> (don't tag anymore on eth with multibridge, but use only 1 bridge with tagging port)
mhm i could try that. So you mean instead of adding:
vmbr1.3021 at vmbr1
and
vmbr1v3021

just use vmbr1.3021 at vmbr1 and add the tap device to that one?

> I really don't known how it's work, I'll try to have a look at it next week.
> (I think rhel7 kernel will use it, so it should come next year with openvz for proxmox)
Yes it will use that one.

Stefan