[pve-devel] The "bug" in pve reflecting ZFSplugin

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Aug 22 04:51:07 CEST 2013

Hi,

My 2 cents, but didn't we have add recently
"update_vm_async: new asynchronous API"

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=qemu-server.git;a=blobdiff;f=PVE/API2/Qemu.pm;h=b99045e7066f6bdc7521906c56f85ab4ed530c3f;hp=ecad91534ed15e8d5e103e4c91ae679edd7b8950;hb=5555edea95d07f78b7281703270f185f5b9f105a;hpb=d8b916fdb018e2b15618ba27b6f091b9959e6ed6

+# POST/PUT {vmid}/config implementation
+#
+# The original API used PUT (idempotent) an we assumed that all operations
+# are fast. But it turned out that almost any configuration change can
+# involve hot-plug actions, or disk alloc/free. Such actions can take long
+# time to complete and have side effects (not idempotent).
+#
+# The new implementation uses POST and forks a worker process. We added
+# a new option 'background_delay'. If specified we wait up to
+# 'background_delay' second for the worker task to complete. It returns null
+# if the task is finished within that time, else we return the UPID.
+

to manage slow storage operations ?