[pve-devel] building pve-qemu-kvm with glusterfs backend

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Aug 12 06:30:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm back from holiday :)

I'm trying to build pve-qemu-kvm with glusterfs backend

using glusterfs package from this repository:
deb http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.4/3.4.0/Debian/apt wheezy main

qemu building:

./configure ...  --enable-glusterfs
make
ERROR
ERROR: User requested feature GlusterFS backend support
ERROR: configure was not able to find it
ERROR

Any idea ? can't find informations on the net....

seem that the glusterfs-common package has deployed headers files in /usr/include/glusterfs/

I have made a small glusterfs storage plugin. (more or less like nfsplugin).

It's use glusterfs filesystem. (so raw,qcow2 files should works out of the box).
It's mounting glusterfs with fuse to manage volumes (create/delete/snapshot/resize/list)
The only change is that qemu directly access to glusterfs through the new qemu api, without using fuse.

I have had a look a glusterfs bd xlator, which use lvm as backend, but it's really more a beta for now. (no replication between node, no snapshot, no clone,....)