[pve-devel] Process to submit patches

Andrew Thrift andrew at networklabs.co.nz
Tue Apr 2 00:27:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

We are wanting to submit a patch to Network.pm to be included upstream.

Our patch changes the way Proxmox dynamically creates vlans allowing for
the current model, as well as for QinQ.

Currently it is not possible to do QinQ on Proxmox as when you specify a
VLAN in the WebUI, Proxmox checks the parent bridge for a Physical
Interface, then creates the vlan sub-if on the Physical Interface and
then binds it to a new bridge.

Our patches creates the vlan sub-if on the parent VM bridge, rather than
on the parent interface.   This works with both QinQ and non QinQ
configurations.

What is the process to submit our patch ?

Regards,

Andrew Thrift