[pve-devel] central cipher config

eric eric at netwalk.com
Tue Oct 30 10:23:53 CET 2012

Both of these ideas are good ideas.  I am using Infiniband for my cluster communications and would also prefer to disable encryption.

Using ~/.ssh/config instead of hard coding ciphers would be a simple way to implement the ssh cipher config.

Or just remove the hard coded ciphers and inform users how to create an ssh config file to set their preference.

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG <s.priebe at profihost.ag> wrote:Hi,

is it planned to have a central cipher configuration for all ssh tasks?

Or maybe even use netcat for migration stuff instead of ssh on trusted
networks?

I've a patched openssl version running which supports aes-ni so i would
like to use aes128-cbc instead of blowfish but right now i've to change
a lot of scripts to archieve this for proxmox.

Greets
Stefan