[pve-devel] qemu-server : qm copy implementation V2

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Oct 30 07:52:43 CET 2012

> - always alloc image before copy (need qemu-img patch to skip bdrv create)
> - add -snapname option. (only qcow2 for now, as qemu-img convert -s
> snapname, work only with qcow2)
> - check if vm is running or not. (qemu-img convert with qcow2 snapshot work
> online)
> - cdrom : replace by none if cdrom exist in source config
> - replace vm "name" by vm "name-copy"
> - add target storeid permission check
> - display qemu-img percentage progression
>
> Need to be implemented : export/import from snapshot for other storage
> (wait for new backup framework)

I will wait until I finish the backup framework. We need to factor out common code,
or integrate 'copy' into 'create'

Note: 'copy', 'create', 'restore' should all use the same code base.

A first start would be to allow 'restore' to specify the target storage for each device - as you do for copy.

- Dietmar