[pve-devel] new cache benchmark results

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Nov 11 11:56:05 CET 2012

>>I doubt the a file system can influence the sector size of the drive firmware.

For me, If the filesystem is misaligned, you'll write 2 sector instead of one, so you'll have a performance degradation.

AFAIK, rhel5,debian squeeze,windows xp don't align good by default their partition. (on the 63th sector)

since fdisk 2.17, first partition is aligned to 2,048 sector. (which is best for ssd)
http://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/Partition_Alignment

I don't know how it's works when lvm is used.

(BTW: Maybe we need to check if default proxmox setup is correctly aligned)