[pve-devel] ceph performance

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Nov 5 06:20:27 CET 2012

>>I'm not sure, I known that it can impact performance on osd, but not sure about the client.

I Confirm, it's only for the osd and data flushes

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/commit/07498d66233f388807a458554640cb77424114c0
(But If One day we want to support ceph on promox host, I think We'll need to backport libc6)

+#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SYNCFS
 	 1475
+  if (syncfs(fd) == 0) {
 	 1476
+    dout(0) << "mount syncfs(2) syscall fully supported (by glibc and kernel)" << dendl;
 	 1477
+  } else {
 	 1478
+    dout(0) << "mount syncfs(2) syscall supported by glibc BUT NOT the kernel" << dendl;
 	 1479
+  } else
 	 1480
+#endif
 	 1481
+  {
 	 1482
+    if (btrfs) {
 	 1483
+      dout(0) << "mount syncfs(2) syscall not support by glibc, but the btrfs SYNC ioctl will suffice" << dendl;
 	 1484
+    } else if (m_filestore_fsync_flushes_journal_data) {
 	 1485
+      dout(0) << "mount syncfs(2) syscall not support by glibc, but 'filestore fsync flushes journal data = true', so fsync will suffice." << dendl;
 	 1486
+    } else {
 	 1487
+      dout(0) << "mount syncfs(2) syscall not support by glibc; must use sync(2)." << dendl;
 	 1488
+      dout(0) << "mount WARNING: multiple ceph-osd daemons on the same host will be slow" << dendl;
 	 1489
+    }
 	 1490
+  }