[pve-devel] ceph performance

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Sun Nov 4 20:14:47 CET 2012

Am 04.11.2012 18:28, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> Def.  not but can post some stuff this evening.
>
> But the ceph documentation states that Debian Squeeze does not suffer from that problem?

This must be wrong.

1.) Debian uses 2.6.32 kernel without a syncfs backport
2.) Debian uses 2.11.3 glibc which does not support syncfs

So both do not support syncfs and both have no patches for it. For all
my ceph systems i'm using Kernel 3.6.5 and glibc 2.11.3 with syncfs
patch build on top of an updated linux-libc-dev package.

But i haven't noticed any difference in speed - but this maybe due to my
testing only with SSDs where syncing all fs isn't really a problem.

Greets,
Stefan